Our Comprehensive Pediatric Services At Pleasanton Children’s Dentistry & Braces, we pride ourselves on being able to offer a multitude of comprehensive dental services to kids of all ages.
Our preventive services can fight off tooth decay, prevent teeth from
crowding each other, and stop the teeth from being worn down by nightly teeth grinding. With our restorative services, we always pay special
attention to the needs of the kids we work with, and we do our best to ensure that we restore their teeth fully and with little to no pain. If it’s time to schedule your child’s next appointment, get in touch with our team to make a convenient appointment today!
Preventive Dental Treatments
Preventive dental care is an incredibly important part of dentistry, especially for children. Our services help prevent their baby teeth and permanent teeth from becoming damaged at an early age, which helps them maintain positive oral health down the road. In addition to offering many benefits for young patients, preventive services are usually quick, easy, and affordable.
- Routine Cleanings & Exams help patients of all ages maintain healthy teeth and gums. Routine cleanings remove plaque and tartar that isn’t removed through normal brushing and regular examinations help our team catch potential problems early.
- Fluoride Treatments utilize a safe amount of fluoride to offer extra protection for the teeth. Fluoride strengthens tooth enamel, protects teeth from cavities, and can even reverse very early signs of tooth decay.
- Dental Sealants act as thin, protective barriers against tooth decay, and are often recommended for kids to help protect them against tooth decay. The clear coating is virtually unnoticeable to anyone except a dental professional examining the teeth.
- Space Maintainers are used when a baby tooth is knocked out before it is ready to come out and the adult tooth isn’t expected to grow in for a while. To keep nearby adult teeth from growing in and taking up more space than they should, space maintainers are used to hold the space open for the correct tooth to grow in.
- Custom Nightguards help protect the teeth when a child is grinding or clenching their teeth at night, and also help to keep the muscles relaxed so teeth grinding doesn’t occur in the first place.
No parent wants to hear that their child needs a root canal or a dental extraction, but oftentimes these treatments are the best options when a tooth has been damaged or infected. Fortunately, our team excels at providing gentle restorative dental care for kids and teens. We will work with your child to ensure that they are comfortable during their entire appointment, should they need any restorative work done.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings mimic the look of natural teeth and help restore teeth that have been affected by tooth decay back to their original functionality.
- Dental Crowns help protect teeth that have been weakened by tooth decay and trauma. Our practice offers both stainless steel crowns and white crowns that blend in with the surrounding teeth.
- Dental Extractions are sometimes necessary when a tooth has been damaged or a stubborn baby tooth needs to come out. Our dental extraction services are both quick and gentle.
- Baby Root Canals remove the infected pulp inside of a baby tooth and restore it back to a healthy state. We use a local anesthetic to keep our baby root canal treatments pain-free.
- Oral Surgery can be done in-house by our knowledgeable, experienced dental team, so your child won’t need to be referred out to an oral surgeon for extensive procedures.
Have a question about our services? Feel free to get in touch with our front office!Get In Touch