Our Comprehensive Pediatric Services At Pleasanton Children’s Dentistry & Braces, we pride ourselves on being able to offer a multitude of comprehensive dental services to kids of all ages.
Our preventive services can fight off tooth decay, prevent teeth from
crowding each other, and stop the teeth from being worn down by nightly teeth grinding. With our restorative services, we always pay special
attention to the needs of the kids we work with, and we do our best to ensure that we restore their teeth fully and with little to no pain. If it’s time to schedule your child’s next appointment, get in touch with our team to make a convenient appointment today!
Preventive Dental Treatments
Preventive dental care is an incredibly important part of dentistry, especially for children. Our services help prevent their baby teeth and permanent teeth from becoming damaged at an early age, which helps them maintain positive oral health down the road. In addition to offering many benefits for young patients, preventive services are usually quick, easy, and affordable.
- Routine Cleanings & Exams help patients of all ages maintain healthy teeth and gums. Routine cleanings remove plaque and tartar that isn’t removed through normal brushing and regular examinations help our team catch potential problems early.
- Fluoride Treatments utilize a safe amount of fluoride to offer extra protection for the teeth. Fluoride strengthens tooth enamel, protects teeth from cavities, and can even reverse very early signs of tooth decay.
- Dental Sealants act as thin, protective barriers against tooth decay, and are often recommended for kids to help protect them against tooth decay. The clear coating is virtually unnoticeable to anyone except a dental professional examining the teeth.
- Space Maintainers are used when a baby tooth is knocked out before it is ready to come out and the adult tooth isn’t expected to grow in for a while. To keep nearby adult teeth from growing in and taking up more space than they should, space maintainers are used to hold the space open for the correct tooth to grow in.
- Custom Nightguards help protect the teeth when a child is grinding or clenching their teeth at night, and also help to keep the muscles relaxed so teeth grinding doesn’t occur in the first place.
No parent wants to hear that their child needs a root canal or a dental extraction, but oftentimes these treatments are the best options when a tooth has been damaged or infected. Fortunately, our team excels at providing gentle restorative dental care for kids and teens. We will work with your child to ensure that they are comfortable during their entire appointment, should they need any restorative work done.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings mimic the look of natural teeth and help restore teeth that have been affected by tooth decay back to their original functionality.
- Dental Crowns help protect teeth that have been weakened by tooth decay and trauma. Our practice offers both stainless steel crowns and white crowns that blend in with the surrounding teeth.
- Dental Extractions are sometimes necessary when a tooth has been damaged or a stubborn baby tooth needs to come out. Our dental extraction services are both quick and gentle.
- Baby Root Canals remove the infected pulp inside of a baby tooth and restore it back to a healthy state. We use a local anesthetic to keep our baby root canal treatments pain-free.
- Oral Surgery can be done in-house by our knowledgeable, experienced dental team, so your child won’t need to be referred out to an oral surgeon for extensive procedures.
Have a question about our services? Feel free to get in touch with our front office!Get In Touch
Dental anxiety is very common among children and adults alike. Dental sedation can help put your child at ease and help them relax during their appointments, whether they have a restorative procedure coming up or just a simple cleaning and exam. If you are interested in utilizing dental sedation for your child, our team would be happy to discuss our sedation options with you.
- Laughing Gas — Laughing gas is a colorless gas that is administered through a nose mask and stimulates feelings of relaxed contentment. Laughing gas begins working within minutes and wears off once the mask is removed and the patient breathes normal oxygen for a minute or two.
- Oral Sedation — Medication is taken by mouth, and the patient will begin to feel calm and sleepy, but even if they fall asleep at some point during their appointment, they can be easily woken up. Our team will take your child’s medical history, overall health, and their treatment into consideration when determining the best medication to prescribe.
- General Anesthesia — Patients are put into a controlled state of unconsciousness. This type of sedation eliminates the patients’ awareness of their surroundings, the formation of memories, and their ability to move. This safe and effective option is reserved for treatments that are performed on an outpatient basis at a nearby hospital. Learn More
While we never expect dental emergencies to occur, should a dental-related emergency arise in your household, our team is available to help! We offer swift and efficient emergency dental care for kids that can treat their symptoms and get to the root of the problem. Just give our office a call and our team will assess the situation over the phone before recommending your best next steps. Examples of dental emergencies include:
- Cracked or Broken Tooth
- Knocked-Out Adult or Baby Tooth
- Severe Tooth or Mouth Pain
- Excessive Dental Bleeding
- Foreign Object Stuck Between Teeth
Our office is proud to provide three excellent choices for orthodontic treatment: metal braces, ceramic braces, and Invisalign®. Metal and ceramic braces are both cemented to the front of the teeth and work similarly to each other, but ceramic brackets tend to look less noticeable. For patients who want a truly discreet orthodontic option, Invisalign aligners are practically invisible on the teeth, and they are completely removable. Our office provides orthodontic treatment for both kids and adults, so if anyone in your household is interested in braces or clear aligner therapy, please feel free to schedule a consultation with us!Learn More
Special Needs Accommodations
Pleasanton Children’s Dentistry is proud to serve children of all ages with different needs and abilities. We always strive to work at a pace that each child is comfortable with and explain our procedures in a way that takes the mystery out of dental care and makes it seem less scary for kids. Pediatric dentists are also uniquely qualified to work with special needs patients because of the extra training they receive post-dental school. If your child needs special accommodations or extra attention from our team, please let us know, and we will do our best to make your family’s experience as positive and productive as we can.